Are strings in your spirit? Do you love inspiring young musicians? Consider joining our small, warm, inclusive community!
Christ Episcopal School, a diverse community serving students from Preschool through grade 8, is seeking a dynamic, part-time string orchestra teacher for the upcoming school year. The ideal candidate would be interested in growing our orchestra program and guiding and developing young strings players at all levels. This is a flexible position, ideal for someone who teaches private lessons or is semi-retired from teaching and/or performing.
- Teach small group and semi-private lessons on violin, viola, and cello using methods such as Suzuki.
- Assess students’ playing abilities and create an encouraging, fun, and focused teaching atmosphere
- Collaborate with the Music Teacher on school-wide performances (Christmas Concert, etc.)
- Teach four to six 45-minute sections a week of various levels, depending on student enrollment.
- A thorough understanding of music theory, development, and pedagogy
- Experience working with youth and/or beginning musicians
- Good communication skills and ability to interact effectively with children and adults
- Effective time management and organizational skills to keep students on task in a lesson
- Covid vaccination plus booster required for all staff
Successful candidates for all positions at CES must successfully complete a required background check.
Christ Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation or ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational program, admissions policy, or other school administered programs.