Do you love to engage young minds, facilitate thinking, encourage risk, and cultivate dreams? You may be the perfect candidate for our small, warm community.
Christ Episcopal School (CES), a diverse community serving students from preschool through grade 8, is seeking a dynamic, full-time middle school science teacher for the 2022 – 2023 school year who can also teach one section of pre-algebra. The ideal candidate would be interested in joining a collaborative school community, providing a positive and challenging learning experience for each student, using differentiated learning strategies, and embracing an integrated curriculum model. A passion for STEAM education is a plus! We offer small classes, supportive teammates, and the opportunity to use a variety of inquiry-based methodologies to support your teaching. You should demonstrate a passion for helping middle school aged children develop socially, emotionally, as well as academically.
- Responsibilities associated with that of a subject area teacher include lesson planning, development and assignment of student learning activities, student assessment, record keeping, grading, and grade reporting.
- Teach multiple grades of science (6th – 8th) in the Middle School with a course-load that could include some combination of Earth Science, Life Science, or Physical Science.
- Teach one section of 6/7th grade pre-algebra.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Creation of a warm and engaging classroom environment.
- Serve as an advisor to a group of Middle School students in one particular grade level.
- Work alongside grade level teams to build cross-curricular connections and interdisciplinary projects, including a STEAM program.
- Possess strong communication skills, a patient and thorough understanding of early adolescence, and the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues.
- Contribute to the life of the School by chaperoning Middle School field trips as well as a 3-day overnight outdoor adventure trip for 7th and 8th graders in the fall.
Requirements of a successful candidate for teaching middle school at CES:
- An undergraduate degree (masters preferred) in science education or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- An ability to differentiate instruction
- Experience with using technology in the classroom
- A desire to work as part of a team
- Good time management and communication skills
- Initiative, creativity, and a desire to implement interactive strategies
- A high level of energy, a positive outlook, and a love for teaching
- Covid vaccination plus booster required for all staff
Successful candidates for all positions at CES must successfully complete a required background check.
Please send resume and cover letter to Nicole Stone, Head of School at email@example.com.
Christ Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational program, admissions policy, or other school administered programs.
Job Type: Full-time