Are you a creative, energetic person who enjoys working as part of a team? You may be the perfect candidate for our small, warm community!
Christ Episcopal School, a diverse community serving students from Preschool through grade 8, is seeking a creative and dynamic part-time art teacher for the upcoming school year. The ideal candidate would be interested in joining a collaborative school community and providing a positive and encouraging art education experience for our students. This person would demonstrate a passion for helping children develop socially, emotionally, and creatively by developing students’ skills with various mediums and embracing the families at the school. There are also several opportunities throughout the school year to work with other teachers on cross-disciplinary lessons and field trips.
- Preparing lessons and providing developmentally-appropriate instruction on art techniques and noted artists
- Inspiring and guiding student creations for display in school spaces and at special exhibits during the year.
- Sourcing art supplies
A successful candidate for this position will have:
- An undergraduate degree in fine arts, early childhood or elementary education
- Minimum of 2 years of art teaching experience, preferred
- A familiarity with hybrid teaching methods, preferred
- A desire to work as part of a team and with children
- Good time management skills and flexible schedule
- Initiative, creativity, and a high level of energy
- Covid vaccination plus booster required for all staff
Successful candidates for all positions at CES must successfully complete a required background check.
Christ Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation or ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational program, admissions policy, or other school administered programs.