Who Are We?
While we celebrate our identity as an Episcopal school, CES embraces a wide variety of religious and cultural heritages among our students, faculty and staff. An inclusive community, we welcome families of all faiths.
What Are We?
Co-ed grades Preschool 2's through 8th
Average 12 students per class in K- 8th grade. Average student to full-time teacher ratio is 7 to 1.
When Are We Open?
- Preschool: Full Day 8:30 am - 3:00 pm and Half Day 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Kindergarten - Grade 8: 7:50 am - 3:15 pm
- Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
What Else Do We Offer?
Before and After Care:
- Early Care: 7:20 am - 8:30 am
- Extended Day: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Grade 4 - 8 Supervised Study Hall: 3:10 pm - 4:10 pm
8:00 am - 8:30 am. Preschool 3's and 4's attend one morning per week.
Obtained from nearby Flynn & O'Hara.
Available to all families, based on need and availability of funds.
Professional Association Memberships
- Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS)
- Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington (AISGW)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
- Mid-Atlantic Episcopal Schools Association (MAESA) - Trevor Waddington, Board President; Caroline Chapin, Board Member
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- The Parents Council of Washington
- The Rockville Chamber of Commerce - Judy Dudley, Committee Member
- The Olney Chamber of Commerce - Trevor Waddington, Board President
Summer at Christ Episcopal School
Summer Camp at Camp Cardinal (sports, arts and crafts, field trips, water play, stories and books) is available for children 3 - 12 years old.
Where Do We Go Afterwards
Christ Episcopal School graduates are well prepared for their high school years with many attending premier independent schools as well as public schools magnet and honors programs. Christ Episcopal School students have been accepted into the following schools the past three years:
Academy of the Holy Cross
The Barrie School
The Bullis School
Connelly School of the Holy Child
Georgetown Preparatory School
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
Glenelg Country School
Gonzaga College High School
The Heights School
The Hill School
The Madeira School
National Cathedral School
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
St. Albans School
St. Anne's Belfield School
St. Andrew's Episcopal School
St. James School
St. John's College High School
Sandy Spring Friends School
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
Special programs in Montgomery County Public Schools:
Want More Information?
For more information, contact the Christ Episcopal School admissions office at (301) 424-8702 or email the Director of Admission, Trevor Waddington, at firstname.lastname@example.org