Who Are We?
While we celebrate our identity as an Episcopal school, CES embraces a wide variety of religious and cultural heritages among our students, faculty and staff. An inclusive community, we welcome families of all faiths.
What Are We?
Co-ed grades Preschool 2's through 8th
Average 13 students per class in K- 8th grade. Average student to full-time teacher ratio is 7 to 1.
When Are We Open?
- Preschool 2's and Preschool 3's: Full Day 8:30 am - 3:00 pm and Half Day 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- PreKindergarten (half day): 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- PreKindergarten (full day) - Grade 8: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
What Else Do We Offer?
Before and After Care:
- Early Care: 7:20 am - 8:30 am
- Extended Day: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Grade 4 - 8 Supervised Study Hall: 3:10 pm - 4:10 pm
8:00 am - 8:30 am. Preschool 2's, 3's and PreK attend one morning per week.
Obtained from nearby Flynn & O'Hara.
Available to all families, based on need and availability of funds.
Professional Association Memberships
- Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS)
- Independent Education
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
- Mid-Atlantic Episcopal Schools Association (MAESA) - Head of School, Dr. Caroline Chapin, Board Member
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- The Parents Council of Washington
- The Rockville Chamber of Commerce - Director of Admission, Janet Gerber, member
Summer at Christ Episcopal School
Summer Camp at CESummer! (sports, arts and crafts, field trips, water play, stories and books) is available for children 3 - 12 years old.
Where We Go Afterwards
Christ Episcopal School graduates are well prepared for their high school years with many attending premier independent schools as well as public schools magnet and honors programs. Christ Episcopal School students have been accepted into the following schools the past three years:
Academy of the Holy Cross
National Cathedral School
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
St. Albans School
St. Anne's Belfield School
St. Andrew's Episcopal School
St. James School
St. John's College High School
Sandy Spring Friends School
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
Montgomery County Public Schools Special Programs:
Want More Information?
For more information, contact the Christ Episcopal School admissions office at (301) 424-8702 or email the Director of Admission, Janet Gerber, at email@example.com.
100 Things Our Students Love Best About CES!
1. Every teacher cares for and loves me
2. LOTS of great field trips
3. CES is a family
4. We have CES buses for field trips, PE and sports games
5. We do awesome things in art
6. Our uniforms are cool
7. Chapel partners
8. We work very hard, but the teachers help until we understand
9. PE at the rock climbing wall
10. Hot lunch
11. I love math
12. Teachers help me at the pace I am at at the moment
13. Every teacher knows me
14. We all work together
15. We have great performances...Mrs. Whitely rocks!
16. PE at the fencing academy
17. I have so many friends, and they are all very nice
18. The work can be hard, but the teachers always make it interesting
19. The Mayor comes across the street from City Hall a lot to lead our National Geographic Bee and to visit
20. The teachers are nice and warm
21. We walk to the Mayor's office and police station for trick or treating
22. The police stop traffic for us when we do our walk-a-thons and parades
23. I love the teachers!
24. Mr. Maust's boombox music in PE is THE BEST!
25. Ballroom dancing in 7th & 8th grades sounded scary, but we LOVED it---especially dressing up for the dance recital and showing we became really good dancers!
26. We have SO MANY TRADITIONS!
27. Our parents are good friends with each other
28. Our school store sells really neat CES stuff
29. We can walk to Ben & Jerry's for a treat
30. Lots of history in Rockville---we can walk to see it
31. Walk to the metro for field trips in Washington, DC
32. Performing our Shakespeare play at the Folger Theater
33. 7th & 8th grades go to the Chesapeake Bay for a 3 day trip to study water life, shore life---and we come home tired, sandy and muddy!
34. Learning lots of new things on computers
37. The whole Middle School goes ice skating
38. My friends help to encourage me
39. 8th graders get into THE BEST high schools
40. Hot lunch
41. Valentine's Day celebrations
42. We all participate in the school plays
43. Daily chapel
44. The faculty and staff are amazing
45. The teachers can be really funny
46. The Literary and Arts Celebration
47. Truck Touch Rockville---so many awesome vehicles on campus
48. Spanish PreK-8
49. Class led chapels
50. Dr. Chapin has candy for us in her blue jar
51. Dr. Dudley greets us every morning in carpool
52. Having PE everyday
53. Comet our Cardinal
54. The PA plans fun activities
55. Instrument lessons (I'm glad I picked violin)
56. My friends help to encourage me
57. Visiting Ms. Spingler when I get sick or hurt
58. Dr. Dudley makes me laugh
59. "Chew not chat" at lunch isn't so bad
60. PE at Gold's gym
61. PE at Rockville Municipal Swim Center
62. Taking the PE bus to Thomas Farm gym
63. Middle School ski trip
64. All the grades get along
65. Preschoolers are so cute and we see them everyday
66. Rev. Simpson makes chapel fun
67. Recess and PE
68. I know I will get into a great high school
69. Middle School dances (we plan and decorate ourselves)
70. CES Cardinals sports teams win (most of the time)
71. Families from all over the world are here
72. I want to be a teacher like a CES teacher
73. We work in teams to solve problems and do projects
74. I love all the teachers
75. The Christmas Program and Kindergarten nativity
76. Thanksgiving Program with Kindergarten Native Americans and 1st grade Pilgrims
77. Teachers help me learn and care how I feel
78. The 2 year olds
79. 5th grade fishing and hiking trip
80. 4th grade trip to study the Chesapeake Bay and go fishing, crabbing and clamming
81. My CES friends are my best friends
82. Being a Lifer Plus---I've been at CES since Preschool
83. We have an honor code, and each class puts its own class rules on the wall
84. Feeling safe and loved
85. 8th grade sweatshirt
86. 8th grade Philadelphia trip
87. 8th grade does the yearbook
88. Graduation is so beautiful!
89. Lots of hard work, but I will be ready for a great high school
90. Being a CES Ambassador at events and Open Houses
91. 100th Day Fashion Show in chapel
92. Being a safety patrol and saying "hi" to people in the morning
93. Our own library is the best (and Mrs. Sellinger!), but we can walk to the Town Center library, too
94. Walking to La Tasca restaurant for lunch in Spanish class
95. Great enrichment classes, and extended day is really fun
96. Really nice playgrounds
97. Field Day
98. Preschool Art Show
99. This school is SO special, and it's not like any other school
100. CES is the best!